Sunday, April 15, 2012

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I was basically Sorkin-dialogue-deprived after The West Wing and just couldn't stop myself from watching Studio 60 – it was either this or re-watching TWW and I don't want to get tired of TWW just yet (however unlikely it now seems, it will happen if I keep watching it). Plus, Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford and their wonderful chemistry; can't go wrong there!


It's been a while since I last watched S60, which I blogged about a little on my old blog, but I remember thinking that the Pilot episode was very strong – maybe not as strong as TWW's Pilot – it got me intrigued and captivated right away. I vividly remember watching Wes Mendell's (Judd Hirsch) rant and felt that this was gonna be a good show.


I have to be honest and say that there are a few episodes that weren't as strong, that I sometimes fast-forward through parts of. And now having watched TWW, those episodes seemed they would have fitted better on that show ("K&R" comes to mind); it almost feels like Aaron Sorkin was still trying to write TWW episodes. However, overall, S60 is a very good show that I think, if given the chance, would have grown on its viewers (somewhat similar to Firefly).

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to just watch the Pilot and then move on to a show that I haven't watched already (I have plenty on my to-watch list), or if I should just go ahead and watch the whole show. Really, Matty Perry and Bradley Whitford together is very tempting. I was fangirl-giddy when Matty was on TWW, especially during scenes with Bradley.

No comments:

Post a Comment