Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weeds

I developed a little girl-crush on Mary-Louise Parker after watching The West Wing –– which is quite strange, with a show that has so many smart, powerful men. Side note: all my girl crushes have been brunette (Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis, and now Parker); that must mean something.

Back to the show itself; Weeds centers around Nancy Botwin (Parker), a suburban mother who, well, sells weed to provide for her two teenage sons, Silas (Hunter Parrish) and Shane (Alexander Gould), after the sudden death of her husband, Judah (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

It's not a bad show. It's entertaining, pretty funny at times, and I'm interested to see how Nancy and her family deal with things. But, I just couldn't care less about the other characters! Not even Andy (Justin Kirk) and Doug (Kevin Nealon); and I especially don't care about the stupid things that happen to Celia (Elizabeth Perkins) and her family. I actually watched the first 4 seasons (50 episodes) in about a week; because I fast-forwarded through parts that are not about the Botwins.

I hated the end of season 4, though, with Andy falling in love with Nancy and all that. They really didn't have to go there. Hopefully they're not going anywhere with it. And I do like Nancy with Esteban (Demián Bichir); even though it doesn't look like it will ever work (just like Josh/Amy).

I have to say, seasons 5 and 6 are turning out to be more interesting; especially with Shane going crazy and psychotic –– let's face it, it was gonna happen to him, talking to his dead dad and all. And who would have guessed that Silas would be the moral center of this family? I don't know why Nancy decided that it's best to run, though. It's understandable that she's scared and confused - her teenage son just murdered someone, and seems to be okay with what he did - but why doesn't she think that Esteban would be able to help her? I thought they'd be safer if they had stuck around and came clean to Esteban.

No comments:

Post a Comment