Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome back, Mad Men!


I'm finally caught up on this season's Mad Men, which I delayed watching because the season premiered right in the middle of my West Wing run.

It's been way too long! 17 months separated season 4 and season 5, and I couldn't remember what happened. Through the double episode premier, I was basically trying to remember everyone's names, who they are, what they do, and what they've been up to. Joan (Christina Hendricks) had her and Roger's (John Slattery) baby – though it seems like they're saying that it's her husbands – and Don (Jon Hamm) is married. Other than that, I'm still a little fuzzy on the details.

And I still hate Pete Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser). I've never liked him since the first season, and I dislike him even more now. I mean, who does he think he is, being that disrespectful to Roger Sterling?! He owes a lot to the guy!

There's something about this show that makes me uncomfortable – I haven't figured out what it is – yet I keep getting pulled into it. I'm contemplating watching the first 4 seasons again to refresh my memory but after The West Wing, I'm leaning towards something lighter to marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment