Monday, March 5, 2012

The Eleventh Hour

I finally watched Matt Smith's first episode on Doctor Who. I think it's just common courtesy to hate him a little bit for replacing David Tennant. I know I'm going to like him soon enough, so I'd like to take this opportunity to rant about how much I hate him. Nothing personal; just because he happens to be there...



I really miss Tennant! Especially since Matt is running around wearing his clothes, using his sonic screwdriver, and saying his lines ("wibbly wobbly timey wimey" and more importantly, the "what?!" that should be Tennant-trademarked).

The new theme song and title card just seemed...odd. It does look more modern, and I have to say, I like the new title a bit more. I'd need to get used to the theme song. I know I'm just being an immature child, trying to hate on everything. But I can't help myself; I'm going through a Tennant-withdrawal.

I'm not actually sure if I don't like Matt Smith (yet) or if I'm just sad that I won't see David Tennant's face on the Doctor anymore. I wonder what the Doctor feels/thinks, regenerating from the wonderful David Tennant into...Matt Smith. I'm not saying he's not good looking, it's just that Tennant is so much of my type that I prefer him to pretty much anyone.

I do like little Amelia Pond, though. I'm currently undecided on grown-up Amy (Karen Gillan), but I'm probably gonna grow to like her. From the glimpses of online threads that I've tried to avoid, I think people generally dislike Amy at first but grow to like her. On the other hand, from the few minutes of Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) on screen, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy him on the show. He might actually make up (a tiny bit) for the lack of Tennant.

Just a tiny bit of a rant: YOU DESTROYED THE TENTH DOCTOR'S SONIC SCREWDRIVER!!!

Okay, I'm done.

A little observation on the Eleventh Doctor: he kinda walks funny. And he talks funny with a funny accent. Wonder how many episodes it will take me to get used to this Doctor.

And I think this is the scene where the new Doctor announces his arrival, going through Ten's hologram with his new "look".

Well, I'm definitely gonna be missing Tennant for a bit longer, but I am looking forward to my journey with Eleven, Amy, and Rory. It really does seem like a brand new show now, with a new TARDIS and a new sonic screwdriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment