Friday, February 28, 2014

Agents of SHIELD vs Arrow

With every news of a comic book movie, or new series, or anything, the comparison between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Arrow seems to always come up. For the most part, people seem to agree that Arrow is the current benchmark for live-action comic book series, while Agents of SHIELD is a below average procedural, and is a disappointment.


The thing is, I could barely get through the first episode of Arrow. And while I have to agree that AoS could be much better, I'm enjoying the show so far. The show is getting better and better, too. However, the thing that I don't understand is people say that Arrow wasn't that good in the beginning either. The first half of season one was very campy and soap-opera-y, from what I gather. It got better by the end of season 1, and season 2 is much better (I assume they're focusing more on the action than the relationship stuff). Then, why isn't AoS given the same chance? It's only about halfway through its first season, and I think their last episode was really good. I can't wait to watch the next episode, which should be coming out next week. It took Arrow a while to get going, and it seems to be the same case with AoS. So there's a chance that AoS would end up being the benchmark for live-action comic book series, if only more people would give it a chance.

Anyways, this was a rant-y post, and I apologize for that. I guess I should give Arrow another shot, because people speak quite highly of it. Also, because John Barrowman was in a few episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment