Thursday, February 20, 2014

T.R.A.C.K.S.

What's with their obsession with acronyms? I actually don't know if these are acronyms, but they're spelled like them. From the show's title, and then episodes "F.Z.Z.T.", and now "T.R.A.C.K.S.", and the upcoming episode "T.A.H.I.T.I.", why are you making it hard to write about these things?! But I digress...


I really like that, with each episode, the show is getting better. "T.R.A.C.K.S." is a solid episode, and definitely the best one to date.

In this episode, Mike Peterson returns, under the control of the Clairvoyant through the Backscatter X-Ray Eye Implant. Ian Quinn, the main antagonist for the episode, stole an item that was revealed to be a Cybertek prosthetic leg for Peterson. I don't think we were told what Peterson's order was, from the Clairvoyant, but we know that he wasn't allowed to hurt Quinn, and that it wasn't to kill Skye. At the end of the episode, it was revealed that the project name was "Deathlok," the character Peterson would end up being. I have no clue as to who Deathlok is, and what role he would play, whether he's good or bad (I'm guessing good at heart, but bad because he's under the Clairvoyant's control). I'm just happy that J. August Richards is getting a bigger part on the show.

At the end of the episode, Skye was seen fighting for her life after being shot twice in the chest by Quinn. She was put in the hyperbaric chamber that was used to keep Peterson. Is it bad that I want Skye to die? I'm not the biggest fan of her character, and in the early episodes I just find her annoying. She is getting better, and I think the writers are trying to redeem her character, but I'm still not sold. I don't know what she brings to the team. Sure, with her being an "084," she's now a more interesting mystery than before, when it was just her trying to find her parents/past. I just hope her character keeps getting better, as the episodes are, so I can start rooting for her.

Anyways, the next episode (coming out in March) is called "T.A.H.I.T.I." that makes me think that Skye is "actually dead" kinda like Coulson was, and they would try to bring her back ala Coulson. At least I kinda want it to be. I probably should rewatch the earlier episodes because I'm not quite clear on what they did to Coulson. They messed with his brain and used "Tahiti" to put a happy memory in him. The next episode must connect what happened to Coulson to Skye's current situation, right? But I doubt they would actually do what they did to Coulson to Skye. There's no way Coulson would let them. Now I'm very intrigued by the next episode.

I have to say, I really like the May-Ward relationship. I do hope that they manage to keep it to "just sex" instead of developing feelings, because that would be more interesting; although, the occasional flusters are adorable. Best part of the episode? Ward and Coulson attempting to use the holo table.

Just a thought: The "night night gun" and the grenade thing that paralyzed Coulson, Ward, and later Simmons, are they derived from the tech in the first Iron Man movie? The blue vein like thing on their faces seemed to imply it. I don't pay enough attention to these things to ever know for certain, and I probably missed 95% of their easter eggs, especially with my limited knowledge of the Marvel universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment