Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Can we move away from the relationship stuff please?

To be honest, I'm still undecided on what I think about this show.

I've only watched four episodes so far, but that's almost halfway through the 10-episode season. And, the thing that throws me off the most is the "relationship mess" part of the show: the Will/Mac jealous ex with lingering feelings, and the Jim/Maggie she's taken but they're obviously into each other. They seem to be throwing it in our faces and force us to go along with it. These relationships are also cliched and tired, and it feels like the show doesn't even try to do anything new in this aspect. They're getting annoying, instead of charming or appealing that I think they are meant to be. So, can we just drop them please? The show would be much more interesting and stronger without them.

Side note: I think, out of all of Aaron Sorkin's shows, The Newsroom has the least chemistry between the cast and characters, which is why I don't fall in love with it as quickly as I do the other shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment