Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's too soon!

[Spoiler warning for the episode "Helter Skelter"]


As I believe most people would agree, I think Isaak is the most interesting new character we've had on Dexter for a while. He has so much potential. His character is complex and exciting. I really couldn't tell how it would end between him and Dexter, which is unique for a "villain." So why did they kill him off now? We're only at episode 9. I understand that there's only 3 episodes left this season, but I'd love to see him for 3 more episodes! Longer if possible.

So far, each season ends with Dexter killing the big bad. Well, at the beginning of the season, I was excited because I couldn't figure out who the season's big bad is, Hannah or Isaak. Even more exciting a few episodes in when you see that Dexter is attracted to Hannah, and is bonding with Isaak, and now you really don't know which one is supposed to be the villain.

I'm guessing that Dexter will switch focus on to The Brotherhood and George (who is now my candidate for most likely to be killed at the end of the season). I originally thought that the next two episodes ("The Dark... Whatever" and "Do You See What I See") would be about Dexter realizing something terrible about Hannah so that he knows they can't be together. And then in the finale he would kill her. But I like them together and I want Yvonne Strahovski to be on the show beyond this season. Also, since the title of the finale is "Surprise, Motherfucker" referencing Doakes, it's probably about LaGuerta finding out that Dexter is actually the Bay Harbor Butcher and gets herself killed instead. It just makes more sense.

Dexter switching focus to The Brotherhood also makes sense in that it means that we will explore Quinn's involvement further. They're missing blood evidence -- something that Dexter specializes in. It wouldn't be too far-fetched that they try to complicate Dexter in this somehow, although so far I see no reason why The Brotherhood would want to involve Dexter in their problems.

I mean... it can't be about some random arsonist, can it? Or maybe the arsonist is actually Hannah, because she needed to find a new way to kill. That would be a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment