Thursday, August 23, 2012

DW Rewatch


I'm hoping to re-watch the first 6 seasons of Doctor Who before season 7 starts. It was just recently announced that episode 1 of season 7 will air on September 1st on BBC America, therefore I now have 9 days to watch about 4 seasons and a few specials. Not sure how that's gonna happen, but I will definitely try. I will be disappointed in myself if I couldn't do this.

Some things I've noticed during this re-watch:
  • How long has he been 9 during the pilot episode? It seemed as though he had just regenerated, seeing how he was still figuring out how he looks like (noticing his ears) at Rose's apartment. However, when Rose was trying to find out more about The Doctor with Clive, it was shown that The Ninth Doctor has been everywhere (Kennedy assassination, Krakatoa explosion, Titanic).
  • I'm pretty sure I've noticed this before but I think it's interesting (and quite fitting, to be honest) that the first place The Doctor took Rose was to watch Earth die. All of time and space and that's where he took her.
  • The first time the psychic paper was used, The Doctor said, "saves a lot of time" almost as though Russell T. Davies is telling us viewers that.
  • In "The Satan Pit," The Doctor mentioned that Time Lords created black holes. I really want to hear more about this; what was it for, why did they do it, do they actually understand black holes, etc.
Anyways, I'm sprinting to the finish here. 9 days for 4+ seasons is not easy but it's possible. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment