Monday, February 20, 2012

Torchwood: Season 2

I have to say, season 2 is *a lot* better than the first one. It might be because they explored the characters a bit more. In particular, Ianto Jones. In the first season, we barely see him; but the second season showed us the snarky, witty, and sarcastic Ianto who plays a significantly more integral part in the Torchwood team. I always love a good looking man with that kind of sense of humor.

In my opinion, the second season has much stronger story lines, but unfortunately still has the cheesy scenes/lines that plague both Torchwood and Doctor Who.

I still have my reservations about Gwen. Her character is still too predictable for my taste, and sometimes it just feels like she's trying too hard. She's definitely not the type of character I'd like as a female lead in a show.

Season two ended with the deaths of Tosh and Owen; which, strangely, didn't affect me as much as it should. After two seasons, I would expect myself to have connected with them a lot more than I actually did. But the characters of this show have really underwhelmed me; I just can't empathize with them as I do other shows' characters.

I am excited that the show seems to be getting better, and I do love the increase of Ianto screen time. It's quite interesting to see what they're going to do now that the team is cut down in size by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment