Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What Kind of Day Has It Been?


First of all, I'm pleased that the series finale is titled what it's titled. The series in general has had its fair share of critics. The finale, in particular, was very divisive, even amongst fans. From what I've read, I think the biggest criticism was that the finale didn't really end with a bang. Instead, it was very mellow and tied up a few loose threads. I understand people's disappointments in this type of endings, but I enjoyed it.

The biggest surprise of the show is definitely Olivia Munn, and her portrayal of my favorite Newsroom character Sloan Sabbith. Interestingly, Don Keefer, who at the beginning was presented to be somewhat of an asshole, ended up being my second favorite character. I, and many others, would love a Sloan and Don spinoff show (yes, I know Sorkin has said he's done writing TV shows, but I can hope). Olivia Munn is perfect for Sorkin's writing. Or, if he prefers movies, I would love a Sports Night movie. The handful of references they threw during the final episode made it that much harder to not rewatch Sports Night!

You will be missed, Newsroom! I've enjoyed the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment