Friday, August 22, 2014

Fortysomething

As usual, I'm finding it difficult to let go of a character/actor after marathoning a show. So, after watching all 8 seasons of House, I found myself looking for other Hugh Laurie things to watch. I've spent some time on YouTube, but I needed more. So I went to his IMDb page and just looked for something with decent ratings. That's when I stumbled upon Fortysomething.

I didn't even read the synopsis or looked at the other cast members. I just searched for a way to watch it. I've only watched 1 episode so far, but it's really making me happy. A young Hugh Laurie plays a doctor, and an even younger Benedict Cumberbatch plays his son! The Twelfth Doctor himself Peter Capaldi also plays a doctor, who seems to be Hugh's character's rival. I just find it pretty bizarre that two of my favorite doctors (I'm counting Capaldi as The Doctor, hence one of my favorite "doctors") play doctors in this show, and it doesn't hurt to have a bit of Cumberbatch. It's a 6 episode comedy, so it should be pretty easy to watch.


Speaking of the Twelfth Doctor; since his reign is starting quite soon (this weekend, in fact), I should go back and re-watch the last few episodes of Matt Smith's tenure as The Doctor. Just to remind myself where we left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment