Saturday, May 24, 2014

Edgar Wright exits Ant-Man

It's really a shame. I don't even know anything about Ant-Man, but I was looking forward to it because it's Wright and because people have been saying how great the Comic Con teaser was.

A brief statement was released by Marvel:
Marvel and Edgar Wright jointly announced today that the studio and director have parted ways on Marvel's "Ant-Man" due to differences in their vision of the film. The decision to move on is amicable and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly.
There are rumors as to what the "differences in vision" might be, but we'll never know for sure. But Wright had been working on this movie since 2006, and he was very passionate about it; it's just a shame that it's been taken away from him. I do trust Marvel though. This movie is supposed to kickstart Phase 3, so hopefully this doesn't hinder that. I will still watch the movie, definitely, but I was really looking forward to Edgar Wright's Ant-Man. I know that they're still using his script, but it would have been better to have his vision as a director to go along with said script.

No comments:

Post a Comment