Saturday, February 22, 2014

I have no words...

Warning: season 2 spoilers

I honestly don't know what to say. Season 2 is just so good! Shocking in so many ways. I have no idea how Frank Underwood keeps getting away with all these things. Or how politicians get anything done when they all they do seems to be trying to screw each other. Maybe nothing gets done and that's why. Everyone just wants power for themselves.

By the way, how fast did Frank Underwood work his way up? Chapter 1 started with him getting screwed by President Walker; chapter 26 ended with Walker stepping down for Underwood to take the presidency. I'm not quite sure of the timespan of these two seasons, but it couldn't have been that long.

When I started watching the show, I really wasn't expecting it to be this dark. Who knew that a show like this –– a show that I thought was just about politics –– would have me fear for the wellbeing of the characters I care about? I'm thinking about re-watching The West Wing to get my faith in humanity back, because politicians aren't this evil, are they?

Doug Stamper was my favorite character. I love his loyalty to Underwood. And I love his voice; I find it very calming and trustworthy. I really want to believe that he's not actually dead. I mean, he's the one character I'm rooting for. Damn it, House of Cards! Why would you kill Doug?! Who's going to replace him as Underwood's Chief of Staff? Can't be Seth, can it? He's just so shady! Please let Doug live...

Also, I'm gonna miss Freddy. And his ribs. And the inevitable craving of ribs whenever I watch this show.

I don't know how long I would have to wait for season 3; I don't want to know! I just need a new show to watch (or maybe an old show to rewatch) so I can get my mind off of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment