Sunday, April 7, 2013

My parents let (made) me watch this as a kid?!

This is one of those things that I remember from childhood, which just scared the shit out of me. And, I know that it would still scare the shit out of me today. And it certainly did.


It's the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park so they're rereleasing it to theaters in 3D and IMAX 3D for a week only. I know I've watched the movie at least 3 times, but I don't remember any of the plot, so I knew that watching it again would be as exciting as watching it the first time. Or maybe even more exciting since the first time I watched I was way too young (I remember it involved hiding behind my father).

This movie really does hold up well. The animatronics are amazing; the CGI are amazing; the movie is just simply amazing. It still terrifies 23 year old me. I honestly don't remember how young I was the first time I watched it, but I can't imagine how scared I was back then. Actually, I might have been more scared this time around because there were a few scenes when I expected to be scared or shocked, which just made me more scared than I would have been. I'm not making sense, am I? In anticipation of the velociraptor scenes, I was definitely scaring myself. I am now curious about the sequels but too scared to watch them. Maybe tomorrow...when it's light out...

No comments:

Post a Comment