Thursday, January 24, 2013

Parenthood


I've always liked Lauren Graham so I was quite excited when I learned that she was going to star in a new show. I remember watching this show when it first aired, in 2010, but I'm not sure how far I got before I stopped watching; it was probably just a few episodes. I don't know why I stopped; I think it's just because I wasn't in the mood for dramas. This time, I watched the first season in 3 days.

Parenthood is a comedy-drama that revolves around the three generations of the Braverman family. The grandparents Zeek and Camille Braverman; their four children, from oldest to youngest (and it took me at least half of season 1 before I figure this out): Adam the go-to guy and problem fixer, Sarah the single mother raising two teenagers, Crosby the erratic, irresponsible, and childish one, and Julia the successful lawyer. The show portrays the daily lives of this family, along with their significant others and children, and the constant struggles of relationships and finances of their lives. Although I can't really relate to their problems (since my life hasn't been nearly as dramatic), the show manages to make everything seems real and believable. I have cried quite a few times during the thirteen episodes I've watched.

And I now really, really miss my family.

After watching Sports Night, followed by this show, and with Six Feet Under just downloaded to my hard drive, I think I'm going to have a crush on Peter Krause (if I haven't already). I do love the tone of his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment