Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hope this one sticks


A new Matthew Perry show? Of course I'm in! I remember watching the first episode back when it aired on TV, but for some reason I wasn't paying attention that my brain decided to categorize the episode as unmemorable, making me miss the next episodes. But, the internet has been kind to it; I've read a few articles saying that it might be the best new sitcom of the season; it's receiving decent-to-good ratings; and most importantly, people likened its bizarreness to Community's (which, by the way, will be back very, very soon! *happy face*). I have just rewatched the pilot episode, along with episodes two and three, and I do enjoy it. It's always nice to have Matthew Perry back on TV; his last two shows, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and Mr. Sunshine, were canceled too early, in my opinion. The latter, co-starring Allison Janney, I watched all nine episodes when they aired, but I still haven't watched the four unaired episodes.

Go On is about Ryan King (Perry), a sports talk radio host who is forced to attend support group sessions to help him move on from the death of his wife. This, in a way, is very similar to Community's introduction to the show. Ryan was reluctant to go to the sessions, as was Jeff in going to community college, until becoming friends with the group of people they were forced to be around. Go On's plot involving troubled, grieving people in a support group is great because it allows for more craziness.

NBC has made a full season order of 22 episodes, the fifteenth of which aired a few hours ago. Here's hoping for a second, third, and maybe even fourth seasons!

Also, watching this reminds me that I should also watch Matt LeBlanc's Episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment