Thursday, July 26, 2012

Castle: Season 4


I'm still in a Firefly withdrawal, so I decided to catch up on Castle. It's lacking the rest of the crew, but Nathan Fillion is definitely better than nothing at all. Also, how could I have never noticed Nathan's amazing hair? I was so obsessed with David Tennant's hair during my Doctor Who run, but it took me 3 or 4 times of Firefly/Serenity and twice through Castle to finally appreciate Nathan's.

Now that I've got that out of my system, let's go back to the show itself.

I guess the biggest story of season 4 is Castle and Beckett finally getting together. About time! I hate it when shows drag the will-they-won't-they for too long, and by the time it happens they've lost that magical chemistry. (This is *not* gonna happen to Barney and Robin!) It got a little cheesy for a bit between them closer to the end of the season, but hey, at least we're there!

It will be interesting to see, now that Beckett has quit and that her "protector" is, I'm assuming, out of the picture, how are they going to survive?

But, more importantly, is/was Castle's father a CIA agent?! Or a criminal? Wouldn't that be some twist. (CIA reminds me of Alias. I should re-watch that soon) Interesting, since in earlier seasons, it was implied that even Martha doesn't know who Castle's father is. Or maybe she was just hiding his identity?

Something I just noticed: Castle episodes usually start with an upbeat, cheerful music, which then turns into a dark tone revealing the (first) victim of the episode. Also, Nathan Fillion has the best facial expressions when reacting to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment